Friday, July 31, 2009

Hey Guys

Hey just wondering how all of you are doing with your summer reading. I was thinking maybe we could suggest books to each other, just to make it easier to find the right one. So I'll start.
I have read two books so far- Good Night Maman and Big Mouth and Ugly Girl. Boys would not like either of them, so don't even try. Also, Good Night Maman is a very serious book about the Holocaust- it doesn't take place in the concentration camps, but it is about a family that is avoiding the German soldiers. I liked it, but if you don't like serious books it's definitely not for you. I've also started A Ring Of Endless Light. It's hard to tell how I like it, but so far I don't think so. It's about a girl who has all these boys pulling at her, and meanwhile all she wants to do is write poetry about dolphins and her grandfather is dying. I really don't understand the plot, but I'm not that far in- maybe on page 30, or 40.
So just post about what your reading, and look at other peoples posts, and stuff like that.

7 comments:

  1. ok my reading list is so boges all of the books are were in are classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok so the book jackie robinson: he was the first is so short.
    there are pictures in it (big pictures) and there are only 46 pages with pictures on every page. also the font is like 20. i read it in like 5 minutes it was so easy so if u want 2 read somethin easy and short, read that book

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished "A Ring Of Endless Light" definitely a girl book... i think i kinda liked it after a while, but I wouldn't suggest it to anyone in our class. It involves a LOT of death.

    P.S. Im done with my summer reading!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LUCKY!
    im still on my 3rd book (i started it yesterday which might be a little bad but yeah)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you mean the jackie robinson book? i thought you said you finished it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. i did
    the jackie robinson book was my 2nd book
    now im on the downsiders which is my 3rd book

    ReplyDelete